Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase Credit card and Rapid Rewards

stacub
Explorer C

My Chase credit card statement has a closing date of the 13th.  My points always post to my Southwest rapid rewards account no later than the 14th of each month.  Here we are on the 19th and my points haven't posted which seems very convenient because these points would put me over the limit for obtaining my Southwest companion pass.  I've talked to Chase and they've confirmed the points were sent to Southwest on the 13th.  Southwest has stated they haven't received anything from Chase and have 30 days from the statement closing date to post to the Rapid rewards account.  Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience because this just seems too convenient for a typical delay in posting.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Chase Credit card and Rapid Rewards

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@stacub wrote:

My Chase credit card statement has a closing date of the 13th.  My points always post to my Southwest rapid rewards account no later than the 14th of each month.  Here we are on the 19th and my points haven't posted which seems very convenient because these points would put me over the limit for obtaining my Southwest companion pass.  I've talked to Chase and they've confirmed the points were sent to Southwest on the 13th.  Southwest has stated they haven't received anything from Chase and have 30 days from the statement closing date to post to the Rapid rewards account.  Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience because this just seems too convenient for a typical delay in posting.

A lot of people on the community are continual CP holders - since they already have it when they qualify for the next cycle, people may not be noticing if that particular statement takes longer on average, but in your case it is agonizingly close to earn it if you don't already have it - that's understandable!

I'm sure it is a bigger milestone than your regular statement and it wouldn't seem unreasonable to me for them to perform a review at this point.

We haven't heard on this community that it would take 30 days very often, but I'd suggest to give it another week at least.

If you are anxious about any upcoming trips I suggest to book the companion with points now to hold a spot in case the flight you have in mind may sell out. Then once CP is active, call to make a simultaneous swap. (Or if indications are that there are plenty of seats, cancel points and book companion online through self-service.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Chase Credit card and Rapid Rewards

OSMARJR
Explorer C

Same here! Haven't received my points either. Hopefully i will have them soon.