Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass Promotion - do you have to just fly or book and fly within the time period?

karma-lized
Explorer C

Keep in mind, for these types of promotions, the flights only count if they are NEW BOOKINGS

If you already have a flight booked for that period, you need to actually cancel the old one, and book a new you (different confirmation #).  You can't just change it

Re: Companion Pass Promotion - do you have to just fly or book and fly within the time period?

morganmon
Explorer C

Will there be more promotions before the end of the year? I need around 10k more points still before December!

bcmomand
Explorer C

This promotion ended 10/31, when will we receive notification about the companion pass?

Thanks!

LA_FadeAway
Explorer B

I also have a question about language in the terms in conditions. What exactly does this mean: "Changes made to itineraries after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion."?

I called Customer Relations to check on the status of my pass and the woman I spoke with said I need to wait out the 15 business days but that I "May not qualify" because I had to change the dates or times on a few of the eleven flights I took in October. All the flights were originally booked after registering for the promotion and met all the conditions to qualify and still met the conditions after my date/time changes.

The language above is rather vague as was the information she was able to give me. I know others who also made itinerary changes who have received their passes already so I'm hoping she was just being overly cautious with her wording. I'm really stressing out having to wait fifteen days to get some sort of confirmation as to whether or not I will be receiving my pass. Is there nowhere for us who are still waiting to get solid confirmation on whether or not all our flights qualified?

LA_FadeAway
Explorer B

Never mind the above question. My pass showed up online today Smiley Happy  Heart

Explorer C

How does one check status of the promotion for the companion pass?

franktravel
Aviator B

HI 

Log into your Rapid Reward account and on the main screen it shows you your companion pass points that you have earned towards the 110,000