Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Promotion

FlyGirl1
Explorer A

My friend got an email with a special promotion to earn Companion Pass. She forwarded me the email and I tried following the link to register/opt-in but it's giving me an error! Please help! I really want to be included. What is going on????

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Companion Pass Promotion

jesspauline1
Explorer C
Solution

these types of promotions are what's called targeted promotions meaning if you didn't receive the email directly from Southwest you weren't included in the promotion! But look out for new promotions, Southwest is always offering promotions 🙂 

helloflight
Explorer C

What are the targets for these promotions?  My friend was also offered this promotion and when she told me, I was confused.  My boyfriend has been a long southwest flyer, but has never received these types of promotions. I recently joined because of him and have switched my flights to southwest, but this makes it seem so unfair as we need to accumulate the right number of points or flights.  

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

The only way to earn the companion pass is to earn 110,000 points in one calender year!

There are many ways to earn points not just from flying.  I have had the compainion pass for the last 6 years and I did not earn them from flying.  The bigest promotion they have is getting their credit card. 

gpeterson86
Explorer C

I actually recieved the promotion.  I think I received it because my trajectory on flights will put my over the top in November, so I'm guessing they are targeting folks who will probably get the pass anyway?

BullsFan
Adventurer A

No, there are often targeted promotions to earn A List and Companion Pass with special offers- like x number of flights in 3 months- it's typically only good for a few months but usually includes an offer to re earn with less than a full requirement in the folowwing year or another shorter time period...

I get the same from Hotels and other airlines, including status match, where they offer to match what you have with a competitior.

As far as I know, there's no way to "get on the list" so, keep your eyes on your email!

lisaham43
Explorer C

I have a real problem finding out that my niece just earned the comp pass for her husband with 10 trips, and I've done 30 todate this year and over 50 last year and get nothing!  While I'm thrilled for them, I beleive this is so biased and unfair, where is the loyalty here for those of us travelling our butts off 3X's more ?  why would you offer this to people only in CA ?   I just moved from CA to NV so I couldn't use the offer, VERY UNFAIR, I've been a loyal SWA and am now rethinking my dedication.....

franktravel
Aviator B

I have had the Companion Pass for the past six years and did not earn any of the 110,000 pointsfrom flights!!!  

Happy travels! 

@ Amazonimage.jpeg

Reynosos5
Explorer C

Check which fair you are selecting Wanna Get Away fares will give you 75% fewer points. Every airline credits miles in this manner.