Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass misleading

donnalynn22
Explorer C

I earned more than enough miles to qualify for a Companion Pass this year but was denied the pass because my credit card billing did not transfer the miles until mid January.  All of the information I have seen on the website explains the qualification as having earned the miles in a calendar year--which I had.  I finally found a representative who was able to explain that Southwest only counted my miles accrued through mid-December, not the end of December!  I really feel misled.

Has anyone else had this issue?  

1 REPLY 1

Re: Companion Pass misleading

franktravel
Aviator B

Rapid Rewards Rules: 

"Points earned during a billing cycle on a Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase are not available for redemption or qualification for Companion Pass status until they are posted on your billing statement and posted to your Rapid Rewards Account. Only points posted on your billing statements and posted to your Rapid Rewards Account during the same calendar year are available for qualification for Companion Pass status. No points or Companion Pass qualifying points will be awarded for flights taken by the Companion using the Companion Pass."