Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass renewal timing

Eagleclass
Explorer C

As I understand we can earn the SW Visa bonus points every 24 months.  I have not been able to get a difinitive timing answer on this from Chase. On my old card my last bonus almost 2 years ago was on my 3/25/16 statement. Can I apply now for a new SW credit card?  Is the rule I have to wait 24 months from my last bonus to apply or to actually receive the bonus?  I want to apply as soon as possible but not too early as to not qualify.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass renewal timing

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you can post the terms on the application you are looking at it would help us to clarify.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Companion Pass renewal timing

gototravelgal
Explorer A

Here is what it says in the card offer details (click on Offer Details when you open this link) for the Premier:

"This product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. "

It says "this product," meaning the card, is not available, not the bonus. So I think you cannot apply for the card (and its bonus) until 24 months have passed from when you EARNED your last bonus. 

I hope that helps. I did confirm from a Chase spokesperson on my blog that the current Southwest card offers are going away for now on 4/4, so hope you can apply before then. Good luck!

Go to Travel Gal