Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass scam

doublej
Explorer C

I am extremely frustrated with RR and RR shopping. I was told that I was about 7,000 points away from a Companion Pass in December. RR advised me to purchase multiple flower bouquets and wine club memberships, which I did. Now, the 800-flower purchases counted towards the Companion Pass, but the wine clubs did not. Each wine club was 2,000 points. It has been so difficult to communicate with anyone b/c the phone lines are so busy and then the emails that they send tell me to reach out to different departments. Isn't there anyone who can case manage this? I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion Pass scam

chgoflyer
Aviator A

For Companion Pass qualification, "base" partner points count, but "bonus" partner points do not. Unfortunately, the wine club offer specifically mentions earning "bonus points." This can be confusing, but it's spelled out in the terms and conditions. Sorry you found out too late. 😞

lw_sw_fy18_q1_top12_3bonus_69_save120_2000pts_hero_desktop.jpg

doublej
Explorer C

Thanks. That is very confusing and must be so confusing that the employees don't even understand it because we were advised by someone at SW to purchase it!  That said, I am actually only 27 points away from a CP so I am hopeful that someone over there will be able to look into my account and figure this out. Unfortunately, I've been on hold on the phone for over an hour (I am a teacher, this isn't fair SW) and the multiple emails I've sent have been responded to poorly. Basically, this situation is "no man's land" at SW because it requires communication from different departments.

doublej
Explorer C

It does not state that these are do not qualify for Companion PassIt does not state that these are do not qualify for Companion Pass

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, I'll caution you to not get your hopes up. Southwest is very "by the book" these days.

Good luck -- do let us know how it works out.