Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

mlucassen
Explorer C

I have the companion pass and i have two future flights booked with my daughter as my companion, the first one is a definate go, but the second trip she is unsure if she will be able to make it or not.  I understand i cannot change my companion until i complete the first trip with her.  If after our first trip she decides she can't make the second trip and i change my companion does the second trip automatically switch over to the new companion listed? Or do i have to cancel the first companion (my daughter) and  rebook the entire trip with the new companion?  Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion Pass

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am making an assumption here, but here is what I think...

Typically, you cannot change one of your own reservations as long as your companion is attached to that reservation too.  For that reason, I would assume that you would not be able to change your designated companion before that first trip with your daughter is completed.  You would also likely have to cancel your daughter's attachment to the second reservation before making the companion change.

Friendly reminder: you can only change your companion 3 times while you hold the companion pass!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

As noted, you will need to wait until after you've completed the first trip, and then, if you need to change companions make one call to Southwest and they can switch the companion, cancel the prior companion's ticket on the second trip, and add your new companion to the second trip. It's all pretty straightforward and would only take the one call to complete.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@elijahbrantley wrote:

Friendly reminder: you can only change your companion 3 times while you hold the companion pass!

Actually, you can change your Companion up to three times per calendar year you hold the companion pass.

From the FAQ:

The Companion Pass card is not transferrable. The Member may, however, change his/her designated Companion and request issuance of a new Companion Pass card up to three (3) times each calendar year that the Member maintains Companion Pass status. Any reservation with the current Companion Pass would need to be cancelled before changing his/her designated Companion. Requests may be made by calling 1-800-435-9792.

Julieanne916
Explorer C

So If I want t go back and forth flying 10 flights with my designated companion rotating between my spouse and my daughter, will that count as a changed each time I travel with the other or does it  only count as 1 change between the 2 people.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Julieanne916  every time you change your companion, even if it's changing back to a companion you previously traveled with, it counts as a change. Also, you can't book flights for companion A until you have completed all travel with companion B.

--TheMiddleSeat