Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion booking my flight and then using companion pass?

tooshay
Explorer C

Hey all,

In a weird situation and just want to make sure this works before going forward with any actions.

I have companion pass, and my companion actually has some points that she wants to burn through.

Can she book a flight for me (my info and my rapid rewards number), and then I can log in to my RR account and add her companioin ticket?

I saw she can transfer points to me, but it costs some money and would like to see if we can avoid that cost.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion booking my flight and then using companion pass?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Yes. It doesn't matter how the CP holder's flight is paid for. Once booked, the option to add the companion will be available.

tooshay
Explorer C

So does that mean I should see the flight show up in my rapid rewards account after she books it with her account (and points)? Does anyone know how quickly this shows up? I assume it would know to show into my account based off the RR# that she inputs for flight information?

Thanks!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

It should should up as quickly as if the booking was for your companion - not quite instantly, but within ten minutes or usually faster.

It wasn't clear if you already did this and it wasn't showing up - if so and it has been more than a few minutes, you should call the 800 number with the RR# and confirmation# and see what's missing from the reservation while you still have the confirmation email handy.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.