Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass - booking a flight

buttercup27
Explorer C

Hello-

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I fortunately qualified for Companion status (thank you SW!), and I'm unclear on how to book a flight using the status.  I looked for this in the community folders, but couldn't find anything about booking.  Anyone have a pointer on where to look?  

thanks,

Louis

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Companion pass - booking a flight

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi Louis,

Log into the persons Rapid Reward account who has earned the Companion pass and puschase a ticket with cash or points.  When the flight is listed in up coming flights you will see where it says add companion.

Good luck! 

Sfarrell8
Explorer C

Great Help - thank you!!!

Stephanie K. Farrell

jennyweigle
Explorer C

@buttercup27, Thank you for posting this question! I was just asking myself the same thing since this will be my first time utilizing my Companion Pass. 

@franktravel, Thank you for providing a solution!

~Jenny

jmessany
Explorer C

When booking my reservation with cash or points do i make the reservation for one person?

Then go to "Upcoming Trips" and add my companion there?  Gee what if there is only one ticket left on a flight and its gone when i go to add my companion?  Thanks guys.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jmessany

Yes, you book your own reservation first, then add your Companion Pass to the reservation afterward. It doesn't happen too often that a Customer is unable to add his/her CP to the reservation, especially when it's done immediately following the first booking. The CP is one of Southwest's most popular perks - enjoy!

corrie1013
Explorer C

So, this is the thread I was looking for- but one question...I've booked my flight and then went into My Trips and clicked on the trip I want to add my companion.  Then I clicked the Add Companion link and I received an error message that says:

• Oops!  This Rapid Rewards member does not have any Companions designated in their profile. (4824 - 13601)

But, I can clearly see my companion listed in my account.  What am I doing incorrectly??

Thanks!!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @corrie1013,

Have you verified that you've actually assigned your Companion Pass to someone? You have to do that before you can book a CP reservation. If you need a little assistance troubleshooting, you can reach out to us at 1-855-234-4654.

ki061662
Explorer C

Hello,

The person I have designated as my companion also has points. Can she use her points to buy a ticket and then add me to the flight since she is listed as my companion? If not, can she transfer her points to me? Thanks!

Kirt

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

She would use her points to purchase a ticket in your name, then once you have the flight listed in your RR account you can add her as the Companion.