Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass earned email

SINISTAR
Explorer C

I just received an email with the subject "Congrats! You earned Companion Pass" with HTML embedded images, a snapshot of my Rapid Rewards number and points.

Yet when I click the embedded link:

Pick a friend,
any friend
Or a family member! Choose your Companion and make their year.
Get started  >

I go to my account on southwest.com and I can't add a companion because it says I do not yet qualify.

Is anyone else having this problem?

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Companion pass earned email

johnrecords
Explorer C

Yes! They 'made a mistake" and are refusing to honor it, even for longtime members!! BAD service! #baitandswitch

TJS
Explorer C

Just reminds me that their rewards program is not a loyalty program - no loyalty on their part.  Actually this gives me reason to look at other programs and I find that other airlines have better destinations, policies and rewards programs.  This error - and their insincerity in responding – much less honoring it – is the end of 15 years as a loyal member.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @SINISTAR,

There was an email sent out in error today, and we're looking into the situation. I'm truly sorry for the frustration and disappointment.

SINISTAR
Explorer C

Hello @LindseyD

Hopefully you guys make good on this, because honestly it feels as if Southwest gave me (and others!) the big middle finger then laughed about it... then sheepishly tried to sweep it under the rug.

As others have posted here, I'm a nearly 20 year RR member, and would hate to have to start looking at other carriers first because of an incident like this.

Thanks,

-Mike

corieboley
Explorer C

See my recent message below, please.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @corieboley,

I'm sorry you were one of the Members who received the erroneous Rapid Rewards Companion Pass email. We understand it was a frustrating experience, and we regret any confusion. If you still need clarification on your account balance or how near you are to earning a Companion Pass, feel free to reach out to one of our Customer Relations Representatives at 1-855-234-4654.

Kimberleeeeee
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey,

I got the same email today. What is Southwest planning on doing since this issue is still happening 2 years later? 

Still just an aplogy? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately mistakes happen (again). If you know you didn't earn a Companion Pass I'm sure why you would be upset about an errant message.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Unfortunately mistakes happen (again). If you know you didn't earn a Companion Pass I'm sure why you would be upset about an errant message.

--TheMiddleSeat

Same here - I saw it in my report but knew that I haven't flown nearly enough this year to get there (yet).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.