Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass - transfer??

mschorse
Explorer C

I am a rapid rewards member and recently earned a companion pass status.  That's great however I am very busy work-wise and dont have as much leisure time as my wife who is semi-retired. 

Does anyone know if I can transfer the companion pass status to my wife so that she can fly with a companion of her own (besides me)?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion pass - transfer??

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Please read this:

The Member will automatically be notified of Companion Pass eligibility and provided with Companion Pass rules and instructions for designating a Companion. The Member is limited to one Companion at any time. After designating a Companion, the Member will be issued a Companion Pass card. The Companion Pass card is not transferrable. The Member may, however, change his/her designated Companion and request issuance of a new Companion Pass card up to three (3) times each calendar year that the Member maintains Companion Pass status. Any reservation with the current Companion Pass would need to be cancelled before changing his/her designated Companion. Requests may be made by calling 1-800-435-9792. Allow 21 business days for processing and issuance of the Companion Pass card. The Member's designated Companion must be an individual. An individual may not travel as both a Member and a Companion on the same flight. Corporations and other entities cannot be designated as Companions.

Re: Companion pass - transfer??

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

Short answer, in the posted text "not transferrable" - congrats on earning that status, I hope you are able to squeeze in a few trips, or else have your wife go along with you on trips where she can do her own thing while you are working.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.