Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complimentary Drink Tickets--Every 10 legs? Or just the first 10 legs

flyingyall
Explorer C

Hey everyone,

I understand that with the first 10 "legs" in a calendar year, southwest sends complimentary drink tickets.  Is this just after the first 10 legs in a calendar year, or after every 10 legs flown in a calendar year?  For example, if I reach 20 legs in a calendar year, will I receive another set of drink coupons?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Complimentary Drink Tickets--Every 10 legs? Or just the first 10 legs

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You'll get 4 drink coupons for every 10 flights, with flight defined as going from origination point to destination, inclusive of any connections along the way. This is not dependent on the calendar, just every 10, whenever you happen to complete them. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Note that it's every 10 paid flights. Points bookings do not count.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Details, details 😛

It should also be pointed out that if you're nice about it, you can usually get 8-10+ drinks out of those four coupons. Southwest's crews are great! 

Jrparikh
Explorer C

Little confused. Is a two ways  flight considered one flight or two flights for the calculation of 10 legs? I travelled to Aruba, Cancun, Las Vegas, San Diago,and Tampa last year. I went to Punta Cana this year using points. Should I get free drinks coupons?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ok, lets say you go from Denver to San Diego non stop.  That's one flight. Then you go from Dallas to Boise with a layover, changing planes in Denver. That's one flight. When you return from Boise back to Dallas, that's one more.  If those flights are all paid for with cash or travel funds they count towards drink coupons. 

If you went from your home airport to Aruba and back to home on a paid ticket that should be two flights. You also should ensure you are opted in to receive coupons in your RR profile.