Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Credit card points

CyndiLou
Explorer C

Just signed up for Rapid Rewards Visa card. Reached my spend limit for 50k bonus points. Any idea when I can see these hit my Rapid Rewards account? Do points generally post after credit card closing date or when payment posts? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Credit card points

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi CyndiLou,

The Rapid Rewards Points that you've earned should be posted in your Rapid Rewards Account within 30 days of the closing date on your credit card statement. 

Thanks for bringing your question to the Southwest Airlines Community!

CyndiLou
Explorer C

Bummer. I was hoping to use them sooner as I reached my spend limit in one week.  

melissa_oneill
Explorer C

So, if I spent $4,000 on Aug 31 and my first statement came and was due September 18, I should have my 50,000 miles by October 18 provided I paid my statement balance?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

If you want to know for sure.  You can go to Chase website and see your statement.  If you are paperless like me you can view your statement.  log in and click on statements.  Half way down the page you will see Southwsest Airlines Rapid Rewards card summary and it will show you how many points that will be transfered to you account that month.   My due date is the 22nd each month and my points post about 7 day later. 

C3Ken
Explorer C

My 50,000 Rapid Reward Points from the Credit Card Promotion with Southwest/Chase have never been added to my account.

franktravel
Aviator B

Did you spend what was need in the months required? 

Example:

Spend $2,000.00 in 3 months and earn the 50,000 bonus points..... You need to call Chase credit card not Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards and ask them to look at your account and they will be able to tell you if the points were earned and when they we transfered. 

Good luck!!