Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disappointed Rapid Rewards Member

tsgiles
Explorer C

I was disappointed that the car I reserved through the Southwest website from one of their Rapid Rewards partners was not available when I arrived in Providence to celebrate Christmas with my family.  It cost me an additional $200 to rent a car and Southwest choses to say they will do nothing to address my inconvenience or my unplanned expense.  So long Southwest, hello JetBlue.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Disappointed Rapid Rewards Member

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @tsgiles,

We never want to let you down - I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience with the rental car company that you used, and I can offer some insight that may be helpful. 

Southwest Airlines offers Customers the convenient option to book hotels and cars through Southwest.com. Although Southwest.com is acting as the booking tool, the reservation that a Customer makes is directly with the hotel and/or car rental company. That said, the hotel and car rental companies are responsible for their own customer service, and for resolving customer service issues. What we can do is document the nature of your experience with this particular company, which will be helpful as we consider our hotel/car rental partnerships in the future. If you'd like to send me a private message with the details (company, date, your RR#), I can make sure that happens. 

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope for opportunties to serve you better in the future.