Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do any paid flights count toward A-List or does it have to be above a certain price threshold, etc.?

Rachelk1477
Explorer C

I need to fly a few more times this year to keep my A-list status. My question is, does any flight that I pay for (not using RR points) count? I found a really cheap $40 flight to LAX, so I wanted to make sure that still counted as a qualifying one-way flight, even though it is so cheap. 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Do any paid flights count toward A-List or does it have to be above a certain price threshold, e

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

As long as you are qualifying based on number of flights then the price doesn't matter, but as you pointed out it has to be a flight that you pay for.

I don't think it is uncommon to make an "A-list" run around this time of year for people that are one or two legs away from qualifying. I made a RT from MDW to MSP last year for this purpose since the fares were so low. (Using points for one leg since I only needed an additional flight.)

If you are going for points to qualify, then obviously the more expensive flights count at a higher rate, and BS flights count 12x points instead of 6x points (in addition to costing more).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.