Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do points earned through SouthwestHotels.com count towards Companion Pass?

jrubinoff
Explorer B

ExampleExampleI've called Southwest and Southwesthotels.com and both told me that points earned through Southwesthotels.com (Booking.com) would count towards companion pass. However, where I get confused is after reading the terms&conditions and others that have asked a similar question...there are a handful of hotels that show you can earn a lot more points when booking. I've attached a picture as an example. Now are these "points" considered base points or bonus points earned through a partner?

Again Southwest agents and Southwesthotels.com agents both told me all the points would go towards compaion pass. I just want to make sure before I go spending a little more money that all 30,000 points as an example would go towards companion pass. We are just so close to getting companion pass again!

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Do points earned through SouthwestHotels.com count towards Companion Pass?

franktravel
Aviator B

Here are the only hotel partners that you will receive base points from.  When you book through the Southwest Airlines website for Hotels look at the Partners listed below,  these are the ones that will count towards Companion.   In my opinion if your are getting 30,000 points it will not go for the Companion! 

image.png

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Everything I have read indicates that yes, if you are booking through the Southwest site, all points except for any bonus points offered as an extra for your first booking, would count towards CP.  If the hotel is saying it is 30,000 points for the booking then all those should count towards CP.  I have not done this myself so I can't guarantee anything, that's just what I've read on various forums.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you do book it, please come back and update us to let us know if the points post as CP.  Thanks!

jrubinoff
Explorer B

@TheMiddleSeat

I will definitly come back and update, since it sounds too good to be true! The other forum posts I've read, it sounds like people differ on opinion, but I have not found anyone that has booked and confirmed if they recieved all of them towards Companion Pass or not.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @jrubinoff

Yes, I know it sounds too good to be true, but all the points will count toward your Companion Pass! 

JNK
Explorer C

Do those SouthwestHotels.com points count toward tier status as well?? Please - I need to know if I have to take a flight this weekend. YIKES!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Hopefully you found a good flight for today and make it back for NYE @JNK!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

JNK
Explorer C

Ha Ha- I did. took RT to las vegas and then RT to LAX.... and made it back in time for NYE!

bradd_415
Explorer C

Hi @LindseyD and Southwest Community.

I had this same question - it looked like if I booked a hotel in Hawaii in Feb I would get 30K southwest points. However, I called customer service TWICE and got conflicting answers. First call: "Only base points count towards companion pass, not the bonus points, sorry!". Second call: "Yep, any points earned by partners such as hotel bonus points should count!".

I know everyone's questions are the most important, but I am paying a MAJOR premium to get these 30K points because that's more than a quarter of the way there towards another companion pass, so it's absolutely critical I get this right. Thus, can someone 100% confirm or deny that these bonus points WILL count towards a companion pass?