Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Do points earned through SouthwestHotels.com count towards Companion Pass?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The wording of the terms and conditions is confusing and would lead people to believe that the points do not count towards CP, BUT multiple people have shared their experiences and said the points do count towards CP. The bigger question for you should be what year the points will post and count towards because you're booking in 2018 and staying in 2019. Just in this thread there are questions about when points post and there appears to be a lot of ambiguity about it. If you're aiming to have the points post in a certain year I would be much more concerned about this issue.

Please report back with your experience if you decide to make the booking. 

--TheMiddleSeat

blbeckwith5
Explorer C

@LindseyD Can you confirm? I have the same question... Please advise! 

jrubinoff
Explorer B

@TheMiddleSeat

I can now confirm that the points did count towards Companion Pass. We checked out on Monday 12/18/17 and the points showed up in our account on 12/21/17. Obviously YMMV as far as timing of points getting credited, but it was a lot shorter than the time Southwest Hotels says it can take.

We can't wait to use Companion Pass again in 2018!

Southwesthotels Capture2.PNG

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jrubinoff,

The answer is yes, the points you earn through SouthwestHotels.com will count toward your Companion Pass! 

jrubinoff
Explorer B

Hi Lindsey! @LindseyD

So you are saying that all 30,000 points will count towards Companion Pass?

If you look at my picture you will see that the 1,717 points you'd typically earn is crossed out and says "Earn 30,000". Then in the price summary it confirms 30,000 Rapid Rewards Points.

Southwesthotels.com agents told me again yesterday they are considered base points and just a special offer for booking at that specific hotel, so again agreeing all the points should count towards Companion Pass.

Thanks!

JNK
Explorer C

Lindsey - I appreciate that you have responded directly to the questions posed. Thank you. Can you also please tell me if the Southwesthotels. com points count toward tier status as well as toward the Companion pass?? If not, I need to hop on a plane this weekend. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with clear answers! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Points earned from hotel stays are not tier qualifying and do not count towards A-List or A-List Preferred status. Only points earned from flying and some credit card spending are tier qualifying. 

rtbsb53
Explorer C

I recently completed a stay that was booked though Southwesthotels.com.  The 35,000 SWR points posted to my account three days later under the Recent Activity tab (and at the top of my account page).  However, they do not show up as counting towards Companion Pass on my Rapid Rewards Snapshot.  Is this just a delay in posting?  Or will they NOT count towards Companion Pass?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

wrote:

I recently completed a stay that was booked though Southwesthotels.com.  The 35,000 SWR points posted to my account three days later under the Recent Activity tab (and at the top of my account page).  However, they do not show up as counting towards Companion Pass on my Rapid Rewards Snapshot.  Is this just a delay in posting?  Or will they NOT count towards Companion Pass?

Was the stay by chance booked in 2017, and pre-paid? There's a glitch that posts CPQ points incorrectly in the year purchased, not when the stay was completed. If so, contact Customer Relations and they'll make the correction manually.

rtbsb53
Explorer C

Yes.  It was reserved (and paid in full) back in Nov '17.   Although, the points DID post 3 days after the stay was completed in 2018.

Howver, I will contact Customer Realtions to discuss.  

Thank you for the advice.