Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do we get a physical card if we qualified for the California companion pass offer?

jinro79
Explorer C

I qualified for the California companion pass offer and wondering if I will be getting a physical companion pass card?  I want to status match with another airline but they require a picture of the companion pass card.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Do we get a physical card if we qualified for the California companion pass offer?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I would assume that you will, in fact the terms (if you saved them) may require that you carry the card with you when the companion travels.

I've never been asked for it, but carry it all the time just in case.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Do we get a physical card if we qualified for the California companion pass offer?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jinro79,

Congratulations on qualifying for the Companion Pass! Yes, you should receive a physical card in the mail. 

jinro79
Explorer C
Solution

I got the card! Thank you!

refinnej56
Explorer C

How long does it take to get the Companion Pass card. I earned a CP last month and have a flight booked for this week but have not received the card yet. 

Also, on-line it says my companion is valid through Dec. 2019. However when I read the terms of the pass it looks like it should be valid through Dec. 2020- the rest of the year in which the pass was earned plus the following year. Am I reading the terms incorrectly?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@refinnej56 wrote:

How long does it take to get the Companion Pass card. I earned a CP last month and have a flight booked for this week but have not received the card yet. 

Check your online account, you may have the access to nominate your companion now even though the card hasn't physically arrived - that's okay, all of the infomration will be online if the pass is activated.

@refinnej56 wrote:

Also, on-line it says my companion is valid through Dec. 2019. However when I read the terms of the pass it looks like it should be valid through Dec. 2020- the rest of the year in which the pass was earned plus the following year. Am I reading the terms incorrectly?

If you earned the pass in the "regular" way it would be starting as of the activation time in 2019, and valid for all of 2020. There was a promotional offer by signing up for the new credit card and spending a much reduced amount that would entitle you to CP for the balance of 2019 only - did you use the credit card sign-up promotional path, or did you earn the 110,000 points already this year?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.