Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

This promotion offer appears to be available to everyone so get signed up and start earning double points!

Log into your account on southwest.com and got to My Account and then Promotions.  Be sure to read ALL the fine print.  Most importantly, you need to register FIRST, then make reservations.  If you have existing reservations you can cancel them and rebook them, but changing an existing reservation does NOT count.

 

Here is the summary from southwest.com:

You can earn double points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® and complete by June 13, 2018! Whether you're traveling for business or for pleasure, you'll get 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares.

Simply register, book, and travel:

  • Register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Book your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Complete your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.

Your bonus points will automatically post to your account within four days of completing your entire ticket. Register for this promotion today and watch all of your flights earn double points!

 

 

--TheMiddleSeat

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

This promotion offer appears to be available to everyone so get signed up and start earning double points!

Log into your account on southwest.com and got to My Account and then Promotions.  Be sure to read ALL the fine print.  Most importantly, you need to register FIRST, then make reservations.  If you have existing reservations you can cancel them and rebook them, but changing an existing reservation does NOT count.

 

Here is the summary from southwest.com:

You can earn double points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® and complete by June 13, 2018! Whether you're traveling for business or for pleasure, you'll get 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares.

Simply register, book, and travel:

  • Register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Book your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Complete your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.

Your bonus points will automatically post to your account within four days of completing your entire ticket. Register for this promotion today and watch all of your flights earn double points!

 

 

--TheMiddleSeat


 

Thanks for posting that for everyone to take advantage, and thanks for spelling out that you must register first, then book, then travel.

 

With respect to the conversation in another thread about the terms being ambiguious...

 

Simply register, book, and travel:

  • Register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Book your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Complete your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.

"Simply register, book and travel," would seem to imply that those things need to happen in that order. But it doesn't specifically say that. The alternate statement "Simply register, then book and travel" would make that clear. One word.

 

The next section goes on to confuse, as it would appear that you can register as late as June 13 but book as early as April 6, meaning that it's ok to register post-travel, which we know is not the case. (The last line of the promo, about the points posting automatically within four days of completing the entire ticket, makes it clear that double points won't be posted retroactively after registering post-travel.)

 

Making things even worse are the complete terms for the promo (available when clicking on the promo in your Rapid Rewards account, under "Promotions.")

 

Terms and Conditions

Earn Double Rapid Rewards® Points between April 6 and June 13, 2018.

 

To register for this promotion, you will need to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of registration.  If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may enroll for free. Once you complete the enrollment form, you will be automatically registered for this promotion if all eligibility requirements are met.

 

Member must register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018 and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel.  Member’s qualifying flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines® between April 6 to June 13, 2018 for travel between April 6 to June 13, 2018. Member’s flight must be completed between April 6 to June 13, 2018. 

 

Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight to earn double Rapid Rewards points for that flight.  

 

A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.  Travel flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the double points offer.

 

Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, ten bonus points on Anytime fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® fares.  Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification.

 

Member will receive bonus Rapid Rewards points within four days after completion of entire ticket.  Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.  This promotion cannot be combined with any another promotion.

 

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms.

 

 

Note the sections I've highlighted in blue.

 

A complete reading of these terms and conditions would seem to indicate that it is not necessary to book travel after registering. There is no requirement stated that you must register prior to booking, only prior to travel. There is no indication that flights must be "new" bookings. 

 

Oy vey.

 

If Lindsey (or another official Southwest rep) see this -- could we get a clarification please?

 

 

Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

New Arrival

I have the same question. Was this ever clarified? i.e. would I need to cancel and rebook may travel to get the double points during the period since I just signed up.

Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

 

Log into your account on southwest.com and got to My Account and then Promotions.  Be sure to read ALL the fine print.  Most importantly, you need to register FIRST, then make reservations.  If you have existing reservations you can cancel them and rebook them, but changing an existing reservation does NOT count.

Simply register, book, and travel:

  • Register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Book your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Complete your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.

 


To the engineers in the crowd, the order of operations is important from the excerpt from the announcement which says "register, book, and travel" and so I would not expect the bonus from previously booked flights. 

 

Edit: I agree @chgoflyer that the terms don't say that the order is important.

 

 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

FYI: Reports are that members are receiving the double points even for flights that were booked prior to registering, as long as they were booked within the validity period, and registration took place before travel.

 

I'm as shocked as anyone.

 

😉

Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

@chgoflyer wrote:

FYI: Reports are that members are receiving the double points even for flights that were booked prior to registering, as long as they were booked within the validity period, and registration took place before travel.

 

I'm as shocked as anyone.

 

😉


Actually I have my first flight of the travel season coming up tomorrow and can verify then for myself, this trip I did have booked way before the promo but have since signed up and booked several other flights.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

@DancingDavidE wrote:


Actually I have my first flight of the travel season coming up tomorrow and can verify then for myself, this trip I did have booked way before the promo but have since signed up and booked several other flights.


 

If booked prior to April 6, you will not receive double points.

Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

@chgoflyer wrote:

@DancingDavidE wrote:


Actually I have my first flight of the travel season coming up tomorrow and can verify then for myself, this trip I did have booked way before the promo but have since signed up and booked several other flights.


 

If booked prior to April 6, you will not receive double points.


Sorry, I got tripped up - the terms very clearly say "booked during the period" which my flight tomorrow was not.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

New Arrival

I too have two flights scheduled during the promotion timeframe that were booked before April 6th. It would be quite disappointing to be punished for booking "too early", considering that's what the airlines expect from us. Canceling and rebooking the flights to earn the credit would be quite expensive at this point; hopefully SWA does us right by this. 

Highlighted

Re: Double RR Points Promotion April 6-June 13, 2018

Top Contributor

To be completely clear:

 

Reports are that members are receiving the double points even for flights that were booked prior to registering, as long as they were booked within the validity period, and registration took place before travel.

 

They absolutely will not count if they were booked prior to April 6.

 

For flights booked prior to April 6 to be eligible to receive double-points, you will need to cancel and rebook. (Note that doing so will forfeit EarlyBird Check-In if purchased, and rebooking will be at the now-current available fare.)