Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons for business travelers

wescow
Explorer C

Does any one have this problem? Tough to drink heading to business meeting or just wanting to get home safely from a business trip. It would be nice to trade these in. WIN_20170505_14_08_15_Pro.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Drink Coupons for business travelers

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Maybe there is a neat origami project you can undertake.

A few times I had to book on short notice with Business Select and didn't use a coupon since it was early in the morning, but my collection isn't quite that large.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CJF
Explorer C

Some would say  "a pleasant problem to have".    Whenever I accumulate more drink coupons than I expect to use,  I  look for  a service member in uniform and offer him or her a coupon.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Many people now have many, many extra drink coupons, as Southwest recently settled a class action lawsuit over initially requiring Business Select drink coupons to be used only on the original flight (without stating that on the coupon). I received 60. 😉 Unfortunately (for me) but fortunately (for traveling partners and/or friendly people seated nearby) they all expire in May, 2018.

@CJF wrote:

Some would say  "a pleasant problem to have".    Whenever I accumulate more drink coupons than I expect to use,  I  look for  a service member in uniform and offer him or her a coupon.  

Service members are not suposed to drink alcohol while in uniform.

nashhorn
Explorer C

A great idea and one I've tried but my understanding now is a serviceman or woman is not supposed to drink in public when in uniform. Might be wrong though. 

Esteban
Explorer A

I can take some from you if they are a burden:-P

daamonkeyboy
Explorer C

One way to get rid of some would be to throw away the ones that have expired....#humblebrag....