Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons

dwink2u
New Arrival

In the past didn't we receive drink coupons on the anniversary date of our Rapid Rewards SW credit card?  I don't recall receiving any in quite some time.  I have several expired coupons I just found but no recent ones.  I called and was told you receive them after 10 flights.  I have never had 10 paid flights since we have so many points so that must have changed.  

Just curious to find out if policy has changed.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Drink Coupons

dfwskier
Rising Star

The rule has always been that Southwest would provide drink coupons to a traveler as soon as that traveler had completed 10 paid flights (point flights don't count).

I don't have a Chase card but seem to recall that others  have said that Chase would send out drink coupons periodically. I seem to recall that later someone said that Chase is no longer doing that.

Your best bet here is to call Chase and ask.

TheMiddleSeat
Rising Star
Solution

Reports I've read indicate Chase is sending out coupons after major milestones such as 5 or 10 years of being a cardholder. The annual anniversary coupons are no longer sent out.

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Rising Star

What @dfwskier said about the 10 flights. 

I have several Chase SW cards and have never personally had any drink coupon benefits from Chase directly. 

-A List Preferred, Companion Pass holder, Community Champion.

chgoflyer
Top Contributor
Solution

Southwest sends 4 drink coupons after each set of 10 paid one-way flights. There's a setting in your Rapid rewards account to "opt-in" or decline these. They come in a number 10 envelope, attached to the bottom of a regular-sized letter printed on paper.

Chase now sends Rapid Rewards credit cardholders 4 drink coupons on "milestone" anniversaries (and sometimes other occasions, but no longer annually). They come in a larger envelope that contains a folded mailer printed on heavy stock. The copy references your individual milestone (5 years, 10, 15, etc.).

Highlighted

dwink2u
New Arrival

At least I know I'm not imagining things!  We've never completed 10 in a year because of all the points we have and my husband and I both have cards in our name and have received coupons in the past.  Oh well.

dwink2u
New Arrival

P.S.  I just went to my account and I don't see anywhere to opt in or out.  Do you recall where that might be?

SWDigits
Rising Star
Solution
Visual posted in this thread: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Free-Drink-Coupons/m-p/89176/highlight/true#M...

Customer | Home airport DCA | Community Champion

dwink2u
New Arrival

Thanks much.  I'm opted in.  Guess they just no longer send them out on the anniversary date.  I used to get a lot of them - that's why I have so many expired ones.  Smiley Sad 

SWDigits
Rising Star

@dwink2u the screen shots for your Southwest account are for drink coupons associated with the 10 flights.  I don't know of a way to opt in or out for the Chase milestone anniversary coupons.

Customer | Home airport DCA | Community Champion