Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons

dwink2u
Explorer C

In the past didn't we receive drink coupons on the anniversary date of our Rapid Rewards SW credit card?  I don't recall receiving any in quite some time.  I have several expired coupons I just found but no recent ones.  I called and was told you receive them after 10 flights.  I have never had 10 paid flights since we have so many points so that must have changed.  

Just curious to find out if policy has changed.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Drink Coupons

dfwskier
Aviator A

The rule has always been that Southwest would provide drink coupons to a traveler as soon as that traveler had completed 10 paid flights (point flights don't count).

I don't have a Chase card but seem to recall that others  have said that Chase would send out drink coupons periodically. I seem to recall that later someone said that Chase is no longer doing that.

Your best bet here is to call Chase and ask.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Reports I've read indicate Chase is sending out coupons after major milestones such as 5 or 10 years of being a cardholder. The annual anniversary coupons are no longer sent out.

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

What @dfwskier said about the 10 flights. 

I have several Chase SW cards and have never personally had any drink coupon benefits from Chase directly. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest sends 4 drink coupons after each set of 10 paid one-way flights. There's a setting in your Rapid rewards account to "opt-in" or decline these. They come in a number 10 envelope, attached to the bottom of a regular-sized letter printed on paper.

Chase now sends Rapid Rewards credit cardholders 4 drink coupons on "milestone" anniversaries (and sometimes other occasions, but no longer annually). They come in a larger envelope that contains a folded mailer printed on heavy stock. The copy references your individual milestone (5 years, 10, 15, etc.).

dwink2u
Explorer C

At least I know I'm not imagining things!  We've never completed 10 in a year because of all the points we have and my husband and I both have cards in our name and have received coupons in the past.  Oh well.

dwink2u
Explorer C

P.S.  I just went to my account and I don't see anywhere to opt in or out.  Do you recall where that might be?

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

dwink2u
Explorer C

Thanks much.  I'm opted in.  Guess they just no longer send them out on the anniversary date.  I used to get a lot of them - that's why I have so many expired ones.  😞 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@dwink2u the screen shots for your Southwest account are for drink coupons associated with the 10 flights.  I don't know of a way to opt in or out for the Chase milestone anniversary coupons.

Customer | Home airport DCA