Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons

cjsh67
Explorer C

Southwest, why not give snack coupons as well as (or instead of) drink coupons for your customers? As someone who doesn't drink on flights and has piles of unused drink coupons, I would appreciate an alternative, even something like "extra pretzels"!  Besides this, I don't think it is great to encourage people to drink more on flights.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Drink coupons

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There have been numerous requests in this Community for an alternative to the free drinks and Southwest has definitely noticed the ideas in the past so hopefully they will offer something for the non-drinkers someday. You should (depending on the attitude of the flight crew) be able to request an extra snack without a coupon or even too much begging. Free WiFi instead of a drink is the most popular idea I've heard so far.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

as themiddleseat said, there's no need for pretzels coupons as Southwest FA's always accomodate

request for more pretzels, plane crackers, etc -- at least that's been my experience

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

as themiddleseat said, there's no need for pretzels coupons as Southwest FA's always accomodate

request for more pretzels, plane crackers, etc -- at least that's been my experience

There was one previous thread about someone who didn't get extra, but I think turbulence and/or short duration flights were the constraint.

The only thing I could think of as equivalent to drink coupons would be wifi or special code for the Southwest/Lyft integration for a few dollars off. (The drinks cost $8, but don't cost Southwest $8...so to offer some other benefit has to account for the margin - i.e. the Lyft benefit could be $2 or wifi benefit $2 but not $8 value.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.