Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Earning points for Companion Pass ?

dcr317
Explorer C

Hi ..... I know this question has probably been asked before but can ANYONE tell me if we were to book a hotel thru SOUTHWEST,  do either type of points below in the picture count toward earning a Companion Pass ? 

thank you !!

IMG_0078.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Earning points for Companion Pass ?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Until the photo is approved by the admin, we can't see it.  But in the meantime, you can see here to understand what all counts for CP qualification.

Points earned through hotel stays booked through Southwest do count toward CP status.

If you are looking to pad your CP qualifying points, be sure to use the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal!  I recommend installing the Chrome browser plugin that will alert you when sites reward SW points for shopping.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dcr317
Explorer C

Thanks for the info ...basically this picture showed hotels (I found through Southwest) for example: 1st hotel  option may have been 532 rapid reward point and the 2nd hotel may have showed 4000 RR points !  Would either of those count toward points for a Companion Pass ?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

It appears the answer is yes, but I would read the terms and conditions because there are situations where bonus points don’t count. The one for 4K may include some type of bonus that will not count. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Previous reports indicate all the of those points are CP qualifying. 

--TheMiddleSeat