Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Exclusive rewards promotions for A-List

Greerel
Explorer C

Prior to the completion of the merger, southwest would offer 3x rewards points if those with A-List booked at a certain promotional timeframe. I've seen no points promotions solely flight deals over the last 18 months. Are there any promotions of this kind in the works as buying points calculates to being more than paying for a flight outright. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Exclusive rewards promotions for A-List

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Greerel,

We know our Customers love a good promotion, and we offer them pretty regularly. I recommend signing up for our Click 'n Save emails and checking out the "Promotions" tab on our Rapid Rewards home page to stay updated on anything we're currently offering. 

Greerel
Explorer C

Hi Lindsay, thanks for the info. I'm very familiar with the click & save for flights. I'm signed up for that already. I've been a rewards member for 10+ yrs now. It just seems there are very few beneficial promotions for A listers, that don't involve booking their third party vendors. 

jfkern
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey -

I understand this string is a bit dated, but it’s the best exchange I’ve found on the topic. To some of the other points made, I used to receive regular double and occcassionally triple point promotions, which along with your overall RR program helped convert me from AA. These promos specifically built me into a loyal SWA customer, and even turned me into an official brand ambassador - telling everyone I could why they needed to switch (especially people in line who were flying SWA for the first time)!

Unfortunately, I stopped receiving these promos ~3 years ago. I sat on this for a while, understanding programs change, but after doing some research and talking to other RR members, it appears these are still offered regularly, I’m just no longer meeting the criteria. This is quite frustrating, as I fly more now (most times BS), yet feel like my business is less valuable. I understand using promos to attract new customers, but these should also be used as a retention tool for those existing - significantly more valuable customers. This could be accomplished through offering a lesser value 2x point promo (vs 3x for new customers) with lesser frequency (1-2 x year). I can’t speak for others, but I will say this would go a long way towards making me feel like my business is still valued, and keeping me with SWA for years to come.

Thank you,
Jason

P.s. I still haven’t received this site’s registration email. Hoping your reply actually makes it to me.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jfkern,

Thanks for the great feedback on Rapid Rewards promotions. We're always interested to hear what our Customers are thinking, and I'm sorry that it seems as if there has been a lack of promotions available to you. One suggestion I have is to make sure that you regularly log into your account and click through the promotions tab to make sure you're enrolled in anything current promotions we're running that you're eligible for. Also, if you aren't already, sign up for our Click 'n Save and In a Nutshell emails. I want to assure you that your patronage is valuable to us, and that we appreciate you taking time to speak up here in the discussion forum about how we can better serve you. 

brian_crusader
Explorer C

Adding myself to this list.

Extremely disappointed with the lack of promotions.

Travel Businnes fare quite often. Have companion pass for 3+ years

Feel like Southwest has taken my business for granted and dont value customers.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@brian_crusader wrote:

????

You get 100%  bonus RR points.

You get to fly your companion for free.

You get free wifi.

Your boarding position begins immediately after a1-a15 - so you are one of the first to board

And you feel Southwest is taking your business for granted????

REALLY???????????????

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@brian_crusader wrote:

????

You get 100%  bonus RR points.

You get to fly your companion for free.

You get free wifi.

Your boarding position begins immediately after a1-a15 - so you are one of the first to board

And you feel Southwest is taking your business for granted????

REALLY???????????????

Just to be clear for anyone reading: These apply to A-List Preferred Status (with Companion Pass Status).

A-List members receive a 25% points earnings bonus, and Priority Boarding (among other perks).

brian_crusader
Explorer C

Yes @dfwskier  , REALLY!!!!!

I am referring to off-season promotions that I used to receive twice a year (mostly triple points when booking with Business Class).

Feels like Southwest used that to hook me onto their program, as I dont get them anymore once I have regularly started flying.

Hence am thinking of jumping ship to AA, and wanted to voice my opinion.

All the points you mentioned are the stuff we earn based on travel/ additional money spent.  

And to repeat myself for you, I was referring to PROMOTIONS!!!!

Not sure whats your gripe/jealousy about?

brian_crusader
Explorer C

@LindseyD 

I regularly login. But havent seen anything for ~2 years.

Am I missing something?