Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Extra Points on hotel booking

New Arrival

Some of the hotels showing excess points if booked through swhotels.com, for example 19K points for a 2 nights stay.

Do you really get those points ? And are those points counts towards Companion pass ?

If those points doesn't count towards CP, then I probably don't want to stay there & will look for a cheaper/better hotel.

Please suggest.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Extra Points on hotel booking

Top Contributor
Solution

Officially, those bonus points are not supposed to count for Companion Pass qualification. That said, they currently do, and RR members have been reporting this for a couple of years now. So, proceed at your own risk, but be aware that most likely (as long as you follow the terms and conditions) you will receive the points as CPQ. My advice would be to document everything. Good luck!

Highlighted

New Arrival

They are base points. My last stay they conted

Highlighted

New Arrival

Followup question:

I booked couple of hotels earlier as well & it took almost 1-2 months to get those hotel points in my account. Suppose if I book a hotel toward the end of December & I get those points in January sometime.

Will those points be counted against CP for this year or next year? Theoretically I earned those points in this year only.

Highlighted

Employee
Employee
Solution

As long as your hotel stay is complete on or before 12/31/2019, it counts as earning activity in 2019. Check out Year End Tier Processing for more details!

Nicole
Community Manager