Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fake Drink Coupons??

jbgrunder
Explorer C

Hello!

I was given some SW drink coupons that were going to expire before they could be used. I'm concerned they aren't valid.  In the past, all my drink coupons were perforated.  They used to be on heavy paper, but I know they have been printed on thinner paper lately.  I haven't seen them however as a sheet without any perforation.  I don't want to use these if they are fake.  Can someone provide any insight?

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Fake Drink Coupons??

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Real drink coupons are always perforated. "Regular" drink coupons come as 4 coupons attached to the bottom of an 8.5" x 11" letter, with the member's name and partial RR number included. Occasionally, Chase sends some out that are on heavier paper, as a set of 4 that say "Credit Cardmember." As a settlement for the Business Select drink coupon class action lawsuit, a few months ago tons of coupons were sent to class members. These are full sheets with 9 coupons each, that say "Replacement Voucher." Lots of these ended up on eBay, and while I've never seen counterfeits before, I suppose it's possible. The one shown below is from an eBay auction, and they appear to possibly not be perforated. You could ask the FA if yours are valid.

s-l1600.jpg