Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Gift Card Using Points

richsmith84
Explorer C

I'm not able to find gift cards as an option to purchase in the rapid rewards page.  Are gift cards still available to purchase with points?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Gift Card Using Points

bec102896
Aviator A

@richsmith84 

Interesting I just looked and yes I see the gift cards are no longer on the more rewards site. My first thought was maybe they sold out but I doubt they all sold out the same day. Maybe the company is having an issue with the gift cards and they took them down. 

I recommend you reach out to the more rewards customer support and maybe they can give you an answer. 

Just a side note you will get a better value using your points on Southwest flights instead of gift cards. If doing a gift card as a gift for someone you could always make a voucher for a flight (up to X points) since you can use points on anyone and you will get a better bang for your buck.

If you do call and get an answer feel free to update us here. 

-Blake 

Doublel
Explorer C

I just noticed this last night as well. Not working today either. I hope they haven't done away with it.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest is still advertising Gift Cards as a redemption option, so hopefully it's just a temporary glitch. Contacting More Rewards directly is the best way to get an answer.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 1.59.20 AM.png

dfwskier
Aviator A

The other thing to remember is that the company that administer "more rewards" is NOT Southwest. It is a different company that makes a profit by giving you less value per point than Southwest does.

Thus ,IMO, it makes more financial sense to use RR points to purchase SW flights than to make any "more rewards" purchase using  RR  points.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hey all

I just got off the phone with a representative at the more rewards customer service and was informed that they are currently doing a website update and that the gift cards will be back in 24-48 hours so please give it some time and they will be back. 

-Blake