Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel Rapid Rewards Bonus Points Not awarded.

Young64
Explorer C

My first hotel bookings made through the Southwest app did not give me my bonus points. I have called customer service and they tell me they went through booking.com but I KNOW I booked these directly through southwest. Help!  What is my next step?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hotel Rapid Rewards Bonus Points Not awarded.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Booking.com is the company Southwest partners with to provide hotel booking services on the Southwest website and app. You'll need to contact them, and can do so through the website at:

https://secure.southwesthotels.com/content/cs.html

Or by calling 1 (888) 850 3958.

Hopefully they'll be able to help you. Good luck!

Allopez8881
Explorer C

I'm having the same issue! I haven't received ANY of my double points. I've had the card a little over six months and I keep getting the run around from chase and from southwest and no one seems to be able to help! 

lrsoktravel
Explorer C

I have discontinued using Southwest Hotels. I have used Southwest Hotels site many times and rarely are receiving all of the points I am entitled to receive. It's not worth the hasstle to try to get the points. And seeing that there is zero customer service for the hotels, it's not worth the trouble.

The final straw has been after cancelling reservations the hotels not being notified. I have also had problems with the rate being higher and there is absolutely no customer service at all.

It's much better to go directly through the hotel's website.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you have had continuous problems with hotels, I can understand why you might want to deal directly with hotel websites for your reservations.

As far as cancellations not going thru and rates being switched, hold on to your confirmation e-mails. On hotel stays as you move forward, have your confirmation with you and insist that the hotel agree to charge you what the confirmation says it will charge you. Likewise on cancellations, always refer to the confirmation that you got when you cancelled. Repeated problems of this type SHOULD NOT be happening. Pehaps a talk with SW customer relations would be in order, and being able to talk about specific situations would be heplful.

MikeBack2
Explorer C

I had a similar issue.  I received an e-mail from SW offering a 1,200 point reward if I booked a rental car for my upcoming trip and entered the coupon code and budget customer discount field.  I followed the instructions precisely yet I have not received my bonus points.  I contacted customer service and (after receiving a number of wrong responses) spoke to someone who said I was correct and that the points would be added to my account shortly.  Well . . . it's now three weeks later and I still have not received the bonus points. This has soured me on using Southwest Partners for anything.  My time is worth much more that the $15 these points are worth.  If you fall for one of these bonus points offers, make sure you make copies of everything and follow-up on it.  My advice, however, is to book directly with the hotels and car rentals.  I think you'll find better prices as well.

Ron_jacobson
Explorer B

I have had similar issues getting points through Alamo Car Rental.  The last time I got the points automatically was January 2019.  I took 4 more trips since then and have had to follow up with SW. I eventually get the points but only after contacting both Alamo and SW.  I am still waiting for the points from a rental in early January. 

mh9371b2000
Explorer C

This happened to me once, and it was because I did NOT include my Rapid Rewards number while making the reservation.  Signing into the Southwest website, then continuing on the hotels portion of the site does NOT automatically include your RR number in the reservation.  There is a spot for it when you're putting in all your contact information, etc.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Correct - you need to enter your Rapid Rewards number when you book your hotel reservation. If you don't do this, you won't get your points. 

--Jessica