Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel Stay Points and Companion Pass

mcne
Explorer C
I have something that seems straight forward to me but didn't go the way I thought it would. Anyway, I reserved a hotel in November of 2017 via Southwest portal for a stay in February 2018. I have sense completed the stay and the points were awarded to me fairly fast. The problem is they didn't count towards my 2018 companion pass. Not sure why since they were awarded in 2018 not 2017 when I paid for the hotel. Apparently I need to call customer relations :(. Thoughts, does this sounds correct?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hotel Stay Points and Companion Pass

gototravelgal
Explorer A

Yes, you are totally correct! If you booked on SouthwestHotels.com, the points definitely count toward the Companion Pass and in fact, I used that technique to finish up my 2017 Companion Pass in December. Definitely give Southwest a call. Good luck!

Go to Travel Gal

mcne
Explorer C

Gave them a call and its an issue that they are aware of.  The problem is I paid for the stay in 2017 and system thinks the points should be applied to that yr. Problem is you get the points awarded when the stay is completed which happenend as scheduled in 2018.  It's going to be fixed but will need to wait and see.  

gototravelgal
Explorer A

Good, glad they are working on it! That would have to be a very common problem if the issue is the booking date is different than the credit date. It does always state when you book the room that you will earn the points upon completion of the stay, so it should count for the Companion Pass in the year you earn them. Good luck!

Go to Travel Gal