Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How can I earn instant points ?? HELP

susanvanness
Explorer C

I just found out that I am 178 points short of my companion pass.  I rented a car but was just told I wont get that credit for a month!!  HELP!!!  I thought to fly somwhere tomorrow but everything is super expesnive!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I earn instant points ?? HELP

jimboo
Explorer C

Flying is the quickest. Other options that might work: If you have the SWA credit card you can trying calling them and having them move you're closing date up to today.   You can also book a hotel room on southwesthotels.com(it will tell you how many rapidrewards points you get).  Southwest dinning program also gets you points but not sure if it will post quickly enough.  Good Luck!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Review the info here:

2018 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2019 Status

There are many options that you can still take advantage of, that only require the transaction to happen in 2018 (with the points actually posting later, in 2019), which will still count for 2018 qualification. (As will, likely, your car rental -- assuming you've already returned the car.)

Note that you won't actually receive the CP until the points post, meaning you may have less than a full year's use of the CP.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

Review the info here:

2018 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2019 Status

There are many options that you can still take advantage of, that only require the transaction to happen in 2018 (with the points actually posting later, in 2019), which will still count for 2018 qualification. (As will, likely, your car rental -- assuming you've already returned the car.)

Note that you won't actually receive the CP until the points post, meaning you may have less than a full year's use of the CP.

Well that write-up is super helpful!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

khowardga
Explorer C

I'm in the same boat as you are and purchased from one of the rewards partners and already received my shipment.  I'm hoping the link above is the case as that's what I had read as well and and understood if I was billed and my product shipped in 2018 it would count towards the CP.