Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account?

Jamaica
Explorer C

I received my Chase credit card in January  so I could receive my 50,000 reward points. I have applied the $2000 to my card. When will the reward points be applied to my card?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

According to the "offer details" for the card:

"Please allow up to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards® account."

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/40KPlus?CELL=6PLX&clk=1662003

Re: How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Here's how it works: Chase adds the points for your purchases (and any applicable bonuses) when your account closes and the statement is generated each month, and then sends those points to Southwest. Southwest usually posts them to your Rapid Rewards account in 2-3 business days following the credit card statement. Signup bonuses can sometimes take longer. Depending on how close to the statement closing you meet the spending requirement, they may not post until the next month's statement. You can track all this online at Chase for your card statement and Southwest for your Rapid Rewards account.

franktravel
Aviator B

Did you charge the $2000.00 within the first 3 months? 

Jamaica
Explorer C

Yes I did

kerrigjl
Explorer A

It will likely post at statement payment/close of the statement AFTER the one in which you earned the points. If you're lucky, it'll post after your due date for this statement.