Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Idea: RR Last-Minute Seats for Pre-Selected Destination

DAL
Adventurer A

I live in Texas, but most of my family does not. There are two destinations that I like to fly to frequently when I have the chance and the price is right. Typically, a Fri-Sun trip is great for these destinations.

It would be amazing if Southwest adopted a program to alert RR members of considerably empty flights with deeply discounted point redemption fares. This would be advantageous from a revenue perspective (filling empty seats and redeeming points on seats that were unlikely to generate revenue).

The caveat? You can only select these fares for one, two or three destinations you've saved in your RR profile. Maybe call them Family Fares? Just a thought...

20140613_074640_206 (1).jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Idea: RR Last-Minute Seats for Pre-Selected Destination

Alex_M
Adventurer C

I do like that idea. The IT department would have to ensure the fare would only be visible to certain people (in a format similar to what you suggest), otherwise there would be too many people refaring their tickets. It's a mutually beneficial proposition if it can be worked out from the backend.

Re: Idea: RR Last-Minute Seats for Pre-Selected Destination

drnewman6
Explorer A

I agree with you on that. I wold love the opportunity to know of a last minute weekend getaway deal.