Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Irritated

guthrip
Explorer C

I am a rapid rewards member and travel for work.  Often times travel plans change and I have to cancel or change a flight.  No problem getting charged an upcharge, but difficulty applying credits.  If I am using my mobile app,  I cannot apply credit funds,  I have to call or go online which is inconvenient.  Also,  there is no easy to find repository of the credits I have.  RIght now I have 2 different credits totalling $525 and If I don't have the Reservation numbers handy, too bad so sad can't use it.  As a rapid rewards member,  Southwest should make it easy for me to track and apply my credits to future travel.  The only reason I can think of that you would not offer this to your best customers is that you are hoping we will lose track of those credits and not use them.  This is not good customer service.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Irritated

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The reason you think it is is why it is. 😉

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hmm, what's worse? Offering the ability to make changes and use credit later as long as you keep track of it and are occasionally inconvenienced by not being able to use the mobile app OR not being able to make changes without significant penalties and fees? 

Could the current situation be improved? Yes, but I also appreciate how good it currently is. 

elphaba72
Explorer C

Point well made. I believe Southwest may be the only airline that only charges the difference in ticket price when you change a flight or GIVES you your money back as a credit if you cancel a flight.

PE7
Explorer B

That's your complaint? Just try this with ANY other airline! First anywhere up to $150 "change fee" THEN fare difference! Your original ticket will be worth about $50 if lucky.

The SW refund policy and the free bags is the main reasons I fly them and am A-List every year.