Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Lifetime Awards

Abramma
Explorer C

Hi,

I would also like to find out how many miles I’ve flown on southwest in my lifetime. 

Is is there a way to find out?

facetiousmonkey
Explorer C

Is there any update to this thread?  I'd love to find out as well.

bec102896
Aviator A

@facetiousmonkey wrote:

Is there any update to this thread?  I'd love to find out as well.

While I’m not aware of any ways to see your lifetime miles on Southwest I did find a site several years back that I use to track all my miles (from all flights on all airlines) you can also go deeper and mark with what plane/airline/seat/class of service you were on. The website is www.jetlovers.com you would just have to check in at each airport using another app like swarm or Facebook it does require a little work since you have to check in so it knows you were at X airport and went to Y airport but I personally find it interesting all the stats it gives me. 

Hopefully Southwest will add a lifetime miles tracker someday but I recommend you send the suggestion to southwest directly by clicking on the “contact us” link at the bottom of this page. Maybe by emailing in they might have a way to look it up on the back end so you might ask if you do decide to email in. 

-Blake 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Add me to the list of folks who would love to have this info!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

Add me to the list of folks who would love to have this info!

I asked via twitter and they told me lifetime flights, although I forgot to ask for “miles” not sure how that is tracked, or if it was always tracked.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bozacksmith
Explorer B

I wish they did track this for some sort of lifetime A list or preferred status.

I keep flying American because once I hit a million miles I at least get lifetime gold status.

I am not going to travel as much when i retire (at least not corporatewise) so all lifetime status I can achieve before then to extend my perks I am used to is my focus.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bozacksmith wrote:

I wish they did track this for some sort of lifetime A list or preferred status.

I keep flying American because once I hit a million miles I at least get lifetime gold status.

I am not going to travel as much when i retire (at least not corporatewise) so all lifetime status I can achieve before then to extend my perks I am used to is my focus.

That makes sense. Hopefully the benefit for flying Southwest keeps them in the rotation for no change fees, free bags, etc.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

RyanC883
Explorer C

Bump.   Any update here?   Would love to know how many miles I’ve flown on SWA, and having lifetime A List for hitting a million miles would be awesome.  

gsking
Aviator C

Except that SWA doesn't do miles,  they do points.   And almost all tier qualifying points are obtained by flying... or in this case,  buying tickets. 

At 6 points per dollar, you'd have to spend $166,000 to get a million TQP.  

Flying a million miles on the other hand is more like 40-50 global RT, which can be had for $50,000.

Do you think anyone spends that much on SWA?  $5000 a year for 30 years?  A round trip every week or two?    I'd expect CP for life. 

bozacksmith
Explorer B

I can tell ya when I blow away their companion requirements every year (up until Covid) I am corporate spending way more than that 5k.

Southwest  knows exactly how many miles we fly but they base things on points. If American can offer it so can SWA. SWA should have learned especially during Covid they need the business flyers back and we aren't coming back at the moment having to deal with all the BS. If they offered me triple points based upon my travel and spending history then that's something to think about but not worth it as it is.

SWA and every counter and gate agent I have talked to traveling this past year admits SWA screwed up when they marketed cheap airfare for the non loyalists to fly instead of going after their loyal paying base. One recent counter agent told me she has noticed so many brand new flyers and flyers jumping from Spirit and Frontier (make your own conclusions there)