Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Lost points??

dfwskier
Aviator A

@PS333 wrote:

I have diffrent situation. I maintain to travel every year but somehow my rapid reward was not added to my tickets. I called customer service sent them my reservation number and they "confirmed" they added flight to my accounts, which they did not.

How did they confirm? Is it in writing? If so you definitely have the documentation to move forward.

After a year, i am booking my tickets and reviewing my points and notice and this was not added. 

Did you really not check your account in a year??

I called customer service and they said it was not added and now its over a year that both trip was booked, we can not do anything.... you have to call customer relation. I did call customer relation and they said its over a year so we can not add that now.  Not only my points were not added for my trip but they considered that my account was inactive because this trip was never recorded at thire end so i lost my 168000 points and no one wants to do anything about it. 

What i should do here?

Let's try to get some dates here so we can better understand what happened.

1) What was the month/year of the initial flight that was missing your RR number?

2) What was the month/year that you asked SW to fix the problem in #1 above.

3) What was the month/year of the flight immediately preceeding that in point #1 above?

PS333
Explorer C

I only come to southwest to book my flight once or twice a year and that even well in advance. 

I called customer service and i email regarding this and they wrote back with current balance. I can read my current balance. That was not the issue.

I travel in Oct 2014, i called back in Feb 2015 and then again in 2017. 2018 i called and i called yesterday again. This is not monthly thing for me. I only call when i am booking my tickets once a year. I should not be spending time on this as this should go smothly. Ofcourse its my account so it is my responibility to follow up but you can only follow up if someone is doing the work there. This is why i ask for call back from someone. Rep that i talked said they didnt put notes that you request a call back ! so how would i know what they doing? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@PS333 wrote:

I only come to southwest to book my flight once or twice a year and that even well in advance. 

I called customer service and i email regarding this and they wrote back with current balance. I can read my current balance. That was not the issue.

I travel in Oct 2014, i called back in Feb 2015 and then again in 2017. 2018 i called and i called yesterday again. This is not monthly thing for me. I only call when i am booking my tickets once a year. I should not be spending time on this as this should go smothly. Ofcourse its my account so it is my responibility to follow up but you can only follow up if someone is doing the work there. This is why i ask for call back from someone. Rep that i talked said they didnt put notes that you request a call back ! so how would i know what they doing? 

So are you saying that the fight missing the RR number was in Oct. 2014?

What was the month/date of your flight preceeding that one in 2013? If so, which month?

Did you travel in 2015? -- or another time in 2014? If so please provide month/date.

PS333
Explorer C

i dont have all detail before 2014. i only start keeping it all once i see issue. 

Do you work for southwest? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@PS333 wrote:

i dont have all detail before 2014. i only start keeping it all once i see issue. 

Do you work for southwest? 

No I do not work for Southwest.

What I was trying to establish is when you lost your 186,000 points.

If you travelled in 2013, had your 2014 flight that didn't have your RR number, and then did not have another flight until more than two years after your 2013 flight, then you lost our points sometime in 2015.

If so, I guess it's not surprising the airline is showing reluctance about the situation 4 years later.

PS333
Explorer C

I travelled each year with southwest. sometimes twice sometimes once a year. In 2014 RR number was not added and same happen in 2015. I just called customer relation and now they said my name was change in 2014 so there could be the issue. 

And my point is if they find the issue then why are they not fixing it? Who i need to reach out. That was i was expecting from community answer and experiance.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@PS333 wrote:

I travelled each year with southwest. sometimes twice sometimes once a year. In 2014 RR number was not added and same happen in 2015. I just called customer relation and now they said my name was change in 2014 so there could be the issue. 

And my point is if they find the issue then why are they not fixing it? Who i need to reach out. That was i was expecting from community answer and experiance.

If you are talking with customer relations, than you are already talking with the right people.

PS333
Explorer C

Customer Relation Department is the worst ! There is no people skills there. All they do is i do not have record of you calling so i cant help ! Customer service and customer relation comes in place when customer have issue. Otherwise they dont have job to do !

They not only fail to add points but they fail to record when i call with notes ! fail twice and turning the table as customer will have to keep checking if southwest did the job right?

failed on customer service. Big talk and zero result.