Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New to Companion Pass - what if my companion is A-List?

tdm923
Explorer C

Hi - Just earned companion pass status for the first time and my spouse earned A-list this year for first time too.  A-list qualified spouse is designated as my companion - will he get A list boarding status when he travels with me?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: New to Companion Pass - what if my companion is A-List?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Your A List companion should get all the benefits that come with his status! The only exception would be the points. Companions get no points or flight credits towards A List for next year. 

Sounds like you guys have a good thing worked out. Enjoy!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

tdm923
Explorer C

We just booked a trip and the companion reservation generated a new RR number for him (not his real one) and wouldn't let me change it.  His "companion card" that he received in the mail showed his actual RR number on it, so I know/believe it is linked, but it still makes me wonder.  He also doesn't show the trip in his account on SW.  Maybe that is just how it works with companion tickets, but first timers that we are, we just weren't sure.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Last year I was A List preferred and was made a companion I kept my origional RR number. Sounds like it made the companion a 2nd account. I would recommend you reach out to reservations at 800-435-9792 to see if they can get it fixed if they can't I would call customer relations at 855-234-4654. It will be worth the wait to know your companion will get the A boarding pass for the future flights. 

I got all my A List preferred benefits except the bonus points (as a companion gets no points), the flight segment credit and since the companion pass holder was not A List I didn't get my standby benifit since i had to travel with the compaion pass holder. 

Hope this helps!

Blake 

lpesola
Explorer C

What happened with the newly generated RR number?  The same thing just happened when I booked my companion.  Wondering if I need to call and straighten it out?

lpesola
Explorer C

I understand that my companion who is A-list will get his benefits - will I also get to board with him now that SW allows people on the same itinerary as an A-list to board together?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@lpesola wrote:

I understand that my companion who is A-list will get his benefits - will I also get to board with him now that SW allows people on the same itinerary as an A-list to board together?

Yes, you should have sequential boarding positions that benefit from A-List.

*except if you purchased a Business Select fare, then you will not board together.

--TheMiddleSeat