Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Points for Paid Flight

pmai2038
Explorer C

I had a flight on 12/31 that landed before midnight local time and was assured through facebook chat that points post within 2 hours, and even if posted on 1/1 it will count towards FY19 status as the flight was scheduled for FY19.

On my RR account, the flight segment shows up on "Past Trips" however, indicates 0 points earned and "recent activity" also has no entry for this trip. This last trip was to get me to preferred status. I messaged the Facebook chat but has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions on how to proceed?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: No Points for Paid Flight

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

If you landed late in the day, I have a feeling you points posting just got tied up in the reset of the status tracker for the new year and that it will come out fine in the end. 

Thay said, you've did the right thing by reaching out to the SW team to confirm. Keep us posted, and enjoy that status!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jksobonya
Aviator A

They are in the middle of evaluating tier statuses right now, so it will take a little while for your updated status to show. Since your flight was on 12/31, I wouldn't be too worried - it should count. 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@pmai2038 wrote:

I had a flight on 12/31 that landed before midnight local time and was assured through facebook chat that points post within 2 hours, and even if posted on 1/1 it will count towards FY19 status as the flight was scheduled for FY19.

On my RR account, the flight segment shows up on "Past Trips" however, indicates 0 points earned and "recent activity" also has no entry for this trip. This last trip was to get me to preferred status. I messaged the Facebook chat but has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Concur with @elijahbrantley  and @jksobonya  - the delay is  most likely due to the end of year reconciliation that you ended up being in the middle of. Unless you have a flight in the next day or two, I'd sit tight. Or even then if the flight was before you receive your ALP qualification you'll still have A-list for the flight - ask them online for a wifi code if you don't have the ALP credentials in hand yet.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cacv1272
Explorer C

I had a flight last 11/21/2019 from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Hobby, TX When I access the app and I have no information about past flights or earnead points. How can I proceed in this case? Thanks and Regards.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@cacv1272 wrote:

I had a flight last 11/21/2019 from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Hobby, TX When I access the app and I have no information about past flights or earnead points. How can I proceed in this case? Thanks and Regards.

You can request past flight points for up to 12 months after your flight.  To claim points for a past flight, simply log into your account, select My Account and choose the Manage tab within My Rapid Rewards.  Choose Request past points in the grey bar and enter your record locator (confirmation number) from your reservation. After verification of your flight information (up to 5 days), points will be deposited into your account.

-Blake

bec102896
Aviator A

It can take up to 2 days for points to post to your account after all travel is completed. Keep in mind if your booked on a Round Trip reservation your points wont post until the return flight is completed or cancelled (if you change your mind on flying) 

-Blake