Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not able to login to my Southwest RR account from India

sheenu1955
Explorer C

I am traveling in India at present. I want to make some bookings using my RR points. However, when I try to login from here, all I see is a "

• This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.
  • Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)." message

This has been like this for the last 3 weeks now! My daughter in USA is able to login to her account

I have sent numerous requests to Southwest, and NOBODY seems to bother to help me. Anyone in the forum can help?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Not able to login to my Southwest RR account from India

bec102896
Aviator A

Hi there

so unfortunately there is a known Issue with people trying to access southwest.com from outside the United States so to book a flight you would need to call the 800-435-9792 number at this time. I have one suggestion you could try but I don't know if it will work or not maybe try downloading the Southwest Mobile app and see if that works otherwise making the phone call will be the only option currently. 

I have been told that southwest is working on a fix for the issue but there is not a date at this current time when the website will be avaliable again for people outside of the United States. 

Happy Travels

Blake 

Re: Not able to login to my Southwest RR account "maintence error" SWA website down

SWA_IT_clueless
Explorer C

That's BS -- it is not just from India!  It's inside the USA also!

I've kept track track all year, 117 ph*cking phone calls to SWA, and the morons there will only reset my password, and are dumb enough to actually tell me to press the Enter key harder!  (they think that will fix the problem).  It may be a database + network timing issue, but the IT people at SWA are too f'ing stupid to understand this (I'm an expert in this area, but the arrogant jerks in IT won't lower themselves to talking with experts like me). 

I've taken to contacting stock analysts to see if we can get the issue onto SWA's conference calls, and in the media. SWA doesn't give a rip unless it costs them money, so let's have at it, boys!   Oh, and I'd be glad to fix this (estimate < 1 day of *real* tech work, but my daily rate is more than SWA would pay, but less than this will cost them in poor customer relations. Too bad!)

Re: Not able to login to my Southwest RR account "maintence error" SWA website down

SWA_IT_clueless
Explorer C

There are apparently over 500 people with the same problem, if SWA weren't so **bleep** clueless!

There are complaints on flyertalk, techirt, engadget, gizmodo, reddit, yahoo, etc, etc. ALL about the same problem from many users.  SWA is too arrogant and incompetent to fix this problem that's been around (apparently) since 2009 !  WTF ?!!!!   I've only had this problem all of 2016, but I'm planning on burning down my A-list miles and picking a differing f'ing airline, but I will mock and taunt SWA at tech confences for the rest of my life.  The IT director/VP should be FIRED, and the staff culled to get rid of the slackers, which seems to be 90%+.   As a Fortune 100 IT manager, I'm shocked at how f'ing incompetent SWA is.  I'm not not the least bit surprised at the IT meltdowns SWA had last summer.  SWA's IT department are f'ing clueless!!!

pleamonn
Explorer C

Still happening for over 3 weeks, every login and password resets sends me to the Maintenance page. Im in Chicago US.   SWA says RR site is separate and cant help.  This is clearly something they did within the RR website.

SWA IT Issues: Check In Errors

surflesssoul
Explorer C

I just had a similar problem/issue and results...

Neither I, nor their customer service rep, could check-in to my flight (<20hrs from departure) b/c of an error message indicating online check-in isn't available; try again and/or call cust svs. Cust Svs saw that on my reservation there were several copies for entries for my DOB and KTN/TSA#; after removing them extra copies and rebooking the flight they were able to check me in w/ a C boarding. They said that since there were so many copies it must not have processed my RR# for automatic check-in. 

So I asked them to look at another flight two weeks out that I booked directly from their online site, and was informed that yes, there are several copies of my DOB and TSA#, etc... and so they cleaned up that reservation too.

When I explained that the first reservation couldn't have been because of a travel agent's system over-populating data entries because the same thing happened with my online booking, they said that I'd need to talk to Corporate to try to resolve the issue which seems to be in their system.

At Corporate, I had a very nice "ah shucks, I'm sooo sorry, but let's hope it doesn't happen again" response followed by, "no, I'm sorry we don't have tech support." Repeat line 1 and repeat. No amount of rationalizing could deter their corporate cust svs people from deviating from lines 1 and 2.

Needless to say, I'm baffled by how a company that prides itself in customer service has gotten by for so long without any tech support or client facing problem-solving people. 

I'd have to agree with SWA-IT Clueless, except for pointing out that it's hard to belittle a non-existent IT staff when there isn't even an IT help desk for them to staff. I guess that's ONE way to report 0 technical issues, although sticking your head in the sand doesn't seem to be the sound, logical, problem-solving resolve that inspires much (if any?) confidence toward [ever] finding a solution. 

'Ah shucks, I just hope it doesn't happen again.'

Re: SWA IT Issues: Check In Errors

dfwskier
Aviator A

@surflesssoul wrote:

I just had a similar problem/issue and results...

Neither I, nor their customer service rep, could check-in to my flight (<20hrs from departure) b/c of an error message indicating online check-in isn't available; try again and/or call cust svs. Cust Svs saw that on my reservation there were several copies for entries for my DOB and KTN/TSA#; after removing them extra copies and rebooking the flight they were able to check me in w/ a C boarding. They said that since there were so many copies it must not have processed my RR# for automatic check-in. 

So I asked them to look at another flight two weeks out that I booked directly from their online site, and was informed that yes, there are several copies of my DOB and TSA#, etc... and so they cleaned up that reservation too.

What happened to you is very confusing, and I don't recall anyone else experiencing your problem.. I don't know multiple entires for DOB and KTN could be in one reservation. My understanding is that the system retrieves that information once when a reservtion is booked, and whatever is in your travelerr profile is used. There's not a way to input multiple DOBs and KTNs in your profile. 

I guess at this point I'd suggest that you review the information in your profile to veryify accuracy.

Log on to your Southwest account

click on my account

within my preferences click on personal

verify your personal information

Re: Not able to login to my Southwest RR account from India

gowyo_34
Explorer C

I was in Brazil and could not log in from any device. Also could not log in from mobile app.  Call customer service and they acted like it was all my fault.  Asked for tech support and they said, "we don't have tech support."  It was very frustrating, unprofessional and not to the customer service standard I have come to expect from SW.Smiley Sad