Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Out of work missed my A list status by one flight

dobsonsinsc1
Explorer C

Smiley Sad

Hi Everyone, recovering from a company wide lay off I am happily working again and putting food back on the family table. I have been A list and A list preferred for a number of years. But because of a reduced travel schedule in 2018, I missed retaining A list for 2019 by one trip. Any ideas, I have emailed customer service but dont hold out much hope. I love Southwest and have 3M miles and Platinum for life with American. But want to keep flying SW. I think they are great. Any ideas, I tried calling and talking with customer service but they could do nothing but tell me to email them.

Any useful tips folks?

Jon. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Out of work missed my A list status by one flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that you missed out of A List by one flight.

I've been told that Southwest occasionally allows those that missed out to requalify by signing up for a promo, booking flights, and then taking those flights within a specific time period. PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS.

I guess my advice to you is to see if Southwest offers you that option. It is by invitation. I do not know the criterion used to determine who gets the offer.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, my understanding is that you need to qualify for status in order to earn it on Southwest -- close doesn't count.

That said, since you have status on another carrier, you might want to contact Customer Relations and ask if they are able to offer a status match or challenge to you.

Good luck!

dobsonsinsc1
Explorer C

Thanks for getting back. I spoke with customer relations - they said a new promo should be coming out soon. Need to watch for my SW emails!

All the best,

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dobsonsinsc1 wrote:

Thanks for getting back. I spoke with customer relations - they said a new promo should be coming out soon. Need to watch for my SW emails!

All the best,

Let us know if you see something, I'm looking too Smiley LOL

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.