Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Password requirements and reset

nana0216
Explorer C

My login for Rapid Rewards on southwest.com is less than 8 characters. On the Southwest app, when I try to log in, I get an error that my password needs to be 8-10 characters. Why are there different requirements for the password on the app vs website? How can I change my password on southwest.com? I called Southwest yesterday and was told I can't change my password online, I need to call Rapid Rewards or do the contact us page. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Password requirements and reset

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@nana0216 wrote:

How can I change my password on southwest.com?

You should be able to login to your account on Southwest.com then go toward the bottom of the page to:

> Click on "PERSONAL" (it's under the "My Preferences" section) then

> Click on "Security" then

> Click on "Edit"

Customer | Home airport DCA

nana0216
Explorer C

Thank you! 

wieset
Explorer C

IT needs to fix the "current password" field.

Here is my correspondence with Case #61058832

On Feb 15, 2023, at 1:48 PM, Todd Wiese <toddwiese@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Julian, 

Please have the IT team fix the problem. The “current password” field should not check for password rules to be passed!  Anyone with an older password that did not pass the new rules will be blocked like I was.  

I did call and was helped to change my password thru a different route.

Thanks,
Todd Wiese

On Feb 15, 2023, at 1:18 PM, no-reply@southwest-communications.com wrote:
Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting us. I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

I am sorry to learn that you haven’t been able to log in to your Rapid Rewards account.

I realize that it has been some time since you contacted us, and I regret that we weren’t able to respond to your email sooner. If you are still encountering problems, please call us for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

Your participation in Rapid Rewards is important to us, and we hope to see you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Julian Blake
Southwest Airlines