Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points Plus Rooms

Nick1874
Explorer C

I'm interested in booking a "points plus" room at a hotel.  These deals offer considerably more points than a typical booking.  However, when I select this option, it doesn't show any room details.  I cannot see whether I'm booking a room with two full beds, one queen, one king, etc. And of course these rooms are nonrefundable and cannot be changed after reserving so there's no way to continue onto the next screen without getting stuck with the purchase prior to knowing what you're booking.  All you can see is that it's a "standard" room for two people.  If you choose to "see more rooms" you can then see all the room details but none of those rooms offer the increased points plus options.  Specifically, I was looking at booking Comfort Suites Perrysburg, OH and they're offering 2,000 and 4,000 points but there are no room details.  How can you see the room details for a points plus room?  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Points Plus Rooms

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It took some work to replicate your issue, but I finally found a night that listed the Comfort Suites as a Points Plus property and see it does only say "standard room" and "fits 2". My guess is that the allocation of rooms assigned to that point earning level are going to be run of the house, meaning your particular room will be assigned at check-in and based on what is available at the time. If you wish to have a specific room type you can select it, after clicking "see more rooms", but you lose the point bonus. Consider the extra points as a trade for being willing to take whatever room is available. Perhaps that trade off works for you, perhaps it doesn't.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Points Plus Rooms

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Nick1874 wrote:

I'm interested in booking a "points plus" room at a hotel.  These deals offer considerably more points than a typical booking.  However, when I select this option, it doesn't show any room details.  I cannot see whether I'm booking a room with two full beds, one queen, one king, etc. And of course these rooms are nonrefundable and cannot be changed after reserving so there's no way to continue onto the next screen without getting stuck with the purchase prior to knowing what you're booking.  All you can see is that it's a "standard" room for two people.  If you choose to "see more rooms" you can then see all the room details but none of those rooms offer the increased points plus options.  Specifically, I was looking at booking Comfort Suites Perrysburg, OH and they're offering 2,000 and 4,000 points but there are no room details.  How can you see the room details for a points plus room?  

That's not a brand I'm as familiar with, but perhaps you can call the hotel directly and ask them what the alternatives would be if you booked in this manner. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.