Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points Posted

aad324
Explorer C

Hello, 

I recently received the rapids reward southwest chase card. I have spent the $1,000 in the first month, and my second billing cycle just happened. I was wondering when the 40,000 points would post to my account. 

Thank you,

Aubrey 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Points Posted

dfwskier
Aviator A

@aad324 wrote:

Hello, 

I recently received the rapids reward southwest chase card. I have spent the $1,000 in the first month, and my second billing cycle just happened. I was wondering when the 40,000 points would post to my account. 

Thank you,

Aubrey 

Hello Aubrey.  believe the terms of your Chase account explain that:

"

Please allow up to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards® account."

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

AS mentioned by @dfwskier the terms and conditions will have the official maximum timing for posting of the points.

In *my personal experience* the points typically post to my Southwest Rapid Rewards account less than a week after my Chase credit card statement date.  Nothing happens with points until after your credit card statement closes.

Look on the back of your personal credit card to see if your Rapid Rewards account number is on the card.  If it's not there or if it's not the same Rapid Rewards number you see when you log in to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account then give Chase a call.   Chase will also confirm the ythe Southwest Rapid Rewards number that they have on file for you.  My understanding is that if your Rapid Rewards number is not provided when you open the credit card account that a new Rapid Rewards account will be created.

Customer | Home airport DCA

chgoflyer
Aviator A

First, Chase needs to give you the bonus points. They will appear on your monthly statement along with the points you earned from regular spending. As long as you hit the spending minimum to qualify for the bonus a few days prior to your account's monthly closing date they should appear on that month's statement. (If you hit it very close the the statement close date they may not appear until the following month's statement.)

Then, Southwest will post the points in your Rapid Rewards account. This generally happens a couple of days after Chase issues the monthly statement. (Although, as noted, it's possible but unlikely that they could take up to 8 weeks.)