Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points shown in app and on website aren't sync'd

eavesjr
Explorer C

I have the mobile app logged in to my account.  I also occasionally log in to my RR account on the website.  As I accrue points, the website updates but my mobile app never does.  I have to uninstall the app and re-install, and then it reflects the accurate point total.  I have seen the same behavior from the app on multiple phones, so it isn't the phone.  It's irritating.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Points shown in app and on website aren't sync'd

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I beleive that if you log off the phone app, and then log back on that the app will reflect the same point totals as the website does. By doing so, you essentailly reboot/refresh the phone app.

eavesjr
Explorer C

I'll try that next time. Still, seems lame performance for the app.  But I'll see if that works.

CNoll
Explorer C

I've been using the app for a few years and it was always in-synch with website.....up until a month ago.  Then, as you stated , the web version was accurate and the app was in arrears.  I logged out of the app then logged back in and rhatbresolved it.  It's been good ever since.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This is a known issue -- you have to log out / back in on the app for your current point total to update. It's odd to me that it works this way, but I do know that if you try to make a purchase using points that the app thinks you have (but that you don't actually have, per the correct total shown on the website) it will generate an error when you try to make the payment.