Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Price drop refund.

ChronR
Explorer C

I noticed this weekend that the price of my flight had dropped. I had booked with points, I changed flight, got the points refunded, everything was ok. My parents paid for their flight with a credit card. They didn’t have a RR account. They changed their flight and it said they have $80 held for future use. They have since signed up for RR. How will they use their refund? Where can they see the amount? Where do they see when it expires?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Price drop refund.

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

the difference in fare (travel fund) is held under the booking confirmation number unfortunately they don't have a way to track it with a rapid rewards account you have a year from the original booking date to use the credit and travel must be complete by the expiration date. 

Also it's important to note that when the funds are used on the next flight that new reservation will have the expiration date of the travel fund so if you think travel may not happen on a certain trip I would not use the credit if the travel fund may expire soon depending on when the next trip would be as you would lose the extra funds you pay to a new reservation if you cancel and your travel fund would expire 

hope that helps and makes sense and if you have any other questions or need help applying the travel fund to a new reservation let me know and I would be glad to help

Blake 

Re: Price drop refund.

ChronR
Explorer C

Thanks, Blake.