Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Purchasing a ticket for someone else with my points. I cant figure out how do do this online

Jan1856
Explorer C

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Purchasing a ticket for someone else with my points. I cant figure out how do do this online

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi Jan

You would purchase the same way you would for your self with points.  From the SWA website, Log into you account and search for the flights in points not dollars. Now on the payment page remove your name and information and replace it with the the persons information that you are purchasing the ticket for.  You can also call on the phone 1-800-435-9792

Good luck!

Re: Purchasing a ticket for someone else with my points. I cant figure out how do do this online

Jan1856
Explorer C

I knew it must be something simple like that but I just couldn't put it together.  Thank you soooo much!!

ParSWA
Adventurer B

If they belong to a Trusted Traveler program like Global Entry, you can enter this information as well when you make their reservation.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Word. 

One additional thought. If you need to change the flight at a later time after it is booked, be sure to log into YOUR RR account and then search for that reservation using the confirmation number. 

I do this all the time to double check if the points price of the flight has gone down. If it does, you can rebook and get some points back!

-A List, Companion Pass holder