Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Purchasing tickets for family separately?

Vicki6
Explorer C

Hello, I am a rapid rewards member & carry the SW Premier Visa.  I am planning a fall vacation for our family of 4.  I want to use most of my RR points but only have enough for 3 roundtrip tickets. I was thinking of purchasing 3 family members w points but purchase mine separtely on my SW Visa.  Am I not thinking of any disadvantages to doing that?  FYI one member of our party has a dev disabilty which makes preboarding necessary. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Purchasing tickets for family separately?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hello

i agree I would book the 3 people on one reservation with points then use the SW visa for your ticket that way you can earn more points for flying. Just know you will need to check in 2 confirmation numbers when it's check in time.

hope this helps

Blake 

Vicki6
Explorer C

@bec102896 wrote:

Hello

i agree I would book the 3 people on one reservation with points then use the SW visa for your ticket that way you can earn more points for flying. Just know you will need to check in 2 confirmation numbers when it's check in time.

hope this helps

Blake 

Thanks!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Vicki6,

If @bec102896 gave you a helpful answer, please click "Accepted Solution" on his post. This will help others find the answer as well!