Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about Standby and 1 stop on the same plane

Zhor
Explorer C

My destination is one stop away but I like to see how standby works here.

I found a flight that has a stopover but I do not have to switch planes.  Will I be asked to leave the plane because I have standby and then reboard? Or can I still remain in my seat?

Does that 8 person search work for both legs of the trip even though the stopover has the same flight number?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question about Standby and 1 stop on the same plane

bec102896
Aviator A

So first off for standby if your A List it will be free if you standby on an earlier flight. If your not A List you will need to upgrade to the Anytime fare if you bought the wanna get away fare. 

When doing standby for the 1 stop no change they will clear you all the way but you *could* be taken off if there was an oversell or other situation like an aircraft swap or broken seat. When I did stanby on a 1 stop no change I was able to stay on without having to deplane and reboard. 

The 8 person search does work because each person would need a seat on both flights so if leg 1 had over 8 seats left but leg 2 only had 6 seats when you do the search for 8 it would show the flight as sold out. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

Re: Question about Standby and 1 stop on the same plane

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

So first off for standby if your A List it will be free if you standby on an earlier flight. If your not A List you will need to upgrade to the Anytime fare if you bought the wanna get away fare. 

Or a different WGA fare if you are lucky enough to have one on the flight you want to fly.