Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question re: canceling my companion's flight

tygur90
Explorer C

I had to cancel a flight that I had intended to take with my companion. When I canceled my flight, I *assumed* that it would also cancel my companion's ticket as well. When she goes into the Southwest mobile app, she sees her ticket as still being reserved. When she tries to cancel it, it won't let her do it.

Does anyone know how to cancel a companion's ticket when you cancel your own?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Question re: canceling my companion's flight

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

In the past, I have never been able to cancel my ticket without first cancelling my Companion's, so that sounds like a glitch!  I would give our friends at SWA a shout and explain the situation -- either via Twitter or via the new SW app Live Chat feature!  As a last resort, you could also call using the info at the Contact Us link below.  I am sure they will get you squared away!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tygur90 wrote:

I had to cancel a flight that I had intended to take with my companion. When I canceled my flight, I *assumed* that it would also cancel my companion's ticket as well. When she goes into the Southwest mobile app, she sees her ticket as still being reserved. When she tries to cancel it, it won't let her do it.

Does anyone know how to cancel a companion's ticket when you cancel your own?

Self-service online should have required you to cancel both, as @elijahbrantley mentioned several times that I've done this (even to change rather than cancel) you have to cancel the companion first.

Did you call or use another method to cancel where someone could have overridden the link to cancel your ticket but not your companion?

The terms unfortunately wouldn't let you keep that companion ticket anyway, but it is strange that it was allowed to remain in place at all since the system is supposed to catch those.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

tygur90
Explorer C

Exactly. I canceled mine via the iphone app. Not sure why hers didn't get canceled at the same time. I'll have to give them a call...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tygur90 wrote:

Exactly. I canceled mine via the iphone app. Not sure why hers didn't get canceled at the same time. I'll have to give them a call...

App questions we do have a resource on the inside @GloriaL ...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.