Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

REfer a friend program link not working?

Carolejr
Explorer C

Hi,

I sent 3 emails to my son from the SW Refer a Friend link on thie site. (all in May)  He never received them.  I call Chase Rapid Rewards and they told me to go ahead and have him get the card and then call them back with his number and they would take care of having the points awarded to me.  Said there seemed to be a problem with the SW link.  Well, called them back after my son got the card and they gave me a SW customer service number.  After waiting 59 mins I got a representative who said this can't be done basically!!!  She is contacting a customer liason and if I am luck will hear back in 10-12 days?!  Maybe a phone call, maybe an email but not to be disappointed if I can't get the 10,000 points!!  What kind of customer service is this?  I am a loyal customer and use my CC all the time.  very angry. 

Has ayone had this experience?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: REfer a friend program link not working?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Carolejr,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating situation you're in. You've done the right thing by reaching out to our Customer Relations Department. The Representative you spoke with will do some research and follow up with you. I know that 10-12 days seems like a long time, but we want to be thorough and will work as quickly as possible to get you an answer.

Carolejr
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for the reply!  I actually heard back rather quickly and the refer a friend points will be awarded to me. My son is busy meeting the requirements of the offer! My faith is restored! 

carole

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Wonderful news @Carolejr